Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu

Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu
The Other Side of Heaven

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Christmas in July

Hey Mom,
I got your package today, and about 7 letters. Thanks a lot for everything in the package, the clothes and candy were really nice and good. I gave most of it away to the family who I live with. I got Dominic's letter too, that was sent March 30, and I got 2 letters from Jessica Blackmer, try tell her that I just got them. The whole mission got swamped with mail today, it's been backed up till March, it was kinda like Christmas, Christmas in July. It really was a blessing to get all this mail before I leave to Niua.
You can just send regular mail to me at the mission office, the address
Elder Jacob Michael
Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission
P.O. Box 58
Nuku'alofa Tonga
South Pacific.
My companion is a native tongan, and he has been in Niuatoputapu for a while so I think I will be all right. I am going to Vava'u tomorrow and then up to Niua. I have heard rumors that they have internet there but it is supposed to be really slow and expensive. Yeah I will definitely be looking at the moon a lot because there isn't electricity there and very few lights at all, Love you all lots. I'll miss you but remember that I'm in the Lord's hands. Most Elder's who go there stay at least three transfers so about 4 months so it will be at least that long until I can really e-mail again. I just said bye to everybody in NukuNuku about an hour ago. It was weird to say goodbye because I have been there so long, I will really miss the people there in Nukunuku. I feel like I'm leaving the MTC again cause I have to pack all this stuff, my bag and everything and cause i'm going to the airport at 6:00 am and going on a plane again. I should probably go to bed now, I'm staying at the mission office with the Office Elders tonight. I love you all, I was going to right this all in a snail mail but they have internet in the mission office and Elder Sitalingi, the OE was kind enough to let me in late and use the computer, 'Ofa lahi atu, know you will be in my prayers, and keep me and the people of Niutoputapu in your prayers.
Love you all
-Elder Maikolo

No comments:

Post a Comment