Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu

Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu
The Other Side of Heaven

Thursday, February 3, 2011

ONE MONTH

Dear Mom and all,
Im really sorry if I havent written some of you back yet.

This week was a really good one, we had a lot of neat experiences. I'll try to tell you about them all.
Brother Payne gave us a really cool lesson about teaching by the Spirit. He gave an anology about a power plant, power lines, and a home. He talked about how the Lord is the Power Plant, we the missionaries are the Power lines, and investigators are the home. We are the power lines that connect the Lord to the investigator and the only way to do that effectivelly is to have the Spirit with us. We need to have the Spirit with us when we teach or else our entire purpose is pointless. It really emphasizes how important having the Spirit with us all the time is... really great lesson. One of the things that he said at the very end was that we have two years to serve our missions and the rest of our lives to look back on it. I want to be able to look back and say i gave my all.
It is really weird that I have been here a whole month!! It has gone by soooooo fast it's insane! I feel like i got here yesterday and now it's already been a month. In another month I'll finally be in Tonga!! Woot Woot!! can't wait to get there. The MTC is great but I really am looking forward to nice sunny warm Tonga.
I have been really tired this week. I fell asleep while I was reading PMG out loud with my companion. It was really funny.
This Saturday I have to Teach at the TRC in only Tongan!! I'm really nervous but I know with the Lord's help I can do it. I feel like I can speak in complete sentences now in Tongan which is great.
On Tuesday we heard from Kevin R. Duncan of the 70. He gave a really good talk about building bridges between the Lord and the investigators. One of the things i took away is "it will not be easy, but work hard, work dilligently, and lose your self in serving the Lord". That has kinda been my motto since ive gotten here. I have had some difficult times with some of the Elders in my district who dont want to work and the language has been pretty tough at times but you just have to trust in the Lord and work hard and it will get better.
This past Wednesday when all the new missionaries were arriving here at the MTC, a couple of us experienced elders put our name tags on backwords and went up and asked the newbies where they got their name tags engraved. the look on their faces were hilarious, we asked some sisters and they totally fell for it; it was hilarious
Well, my time is just about done.Sorry this is kinda short. Tell Uncle John I met an Elder from Temecula who knows him. I didn't catch his name but he told me his dad works in Downey which was pretty cool. It's always fun to meet people from back home
Love you all hope all is well

Ofa Atu
Elder Maikolo

No comments:

Post a Comment