Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu

Elder Michael in Niuatoputapu
The Other Side of Heaven

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

He WRITES...AGAIN

well i got a new companion yesterday, his name is Elder Cook. He's
Tongan from Tonga; he is the smallest guy in the mission... the complete
opposite of Elder Nai who is the biggest guy in the mission. He entered
the MTC in May this year so i am the senior companion. He wanted to
email today so here we are. I know i don't email for 2 months and now
I'm emailing twice in a week. I wrote you all a 6 page letter
yesterday and gave it to elder Nai to take back to Tonga. Oh
yesterday Elder Cook brought with him from Tonga 18 letters for me,
that's not a typo-- 18 letters. It was pretty sweet. Mom sent one March
14 and it got to Tonga Aug 19 and I ended up reading it on Aug 31st.
I'm really trying to work on my lessons. There is a lot of time to
study here in Niua--we study nearly all day. I'm really focusing on
trying to study PMG and the scriptures. Elder Nai was great at
studying and I learned a lot from him. It was hard to see him leave
on the airplane yesterday.
I read 1 Nifai 3:7 the other day and that
really comforted me to know that Heavenly Father does not give us a
commandment unless there is a way for us to fulfill it. We have to
believe we can do it before we can do it. I remember one thing Sister
English said at the testimony meeting after my own trek
experience some 5 years ago. She was talking about climbing testimony
hill, she said quoting Harry Potter "I knew i could do it because i
had already done it". This life is but a test to prepare us to meet
with God. We have to believe that we can get through and we will
because He has already paid the price for us. Before i read that
scripture i really was thinking i never was going to learn the
language, then i read it and i learned that i had to believe that i
could learn the language. I think I've improved quite a bit since then.
I love you all. Keep me in your prayers. I don't know when I will be
able to net again. Keep emailing me and snail mailing me. I'll get them
in 4 or 5 months!!!

Ko e Siasi ni ko e Siasi 'oe Sisu Kalaisi

'Ofa atu
Eleta Maikolo

No comments:

Post a Comment